Newsbusters is an on-line service of the Media Research Center, a conservative watchdog that monitors the liberal media and documents the shameless bias of reporters, commentators, anchors, hosts and assorted so-called journalists. Looking back at the year, Newsbusters selects the worst of the worst examples of Idiotic Liberal Analysis of 2108. Here are some of the lowlights.
- “‘Thoughts and prayers’…I’m sorry. That should be outlawed. I know it’s well intended in some cases…it’s a throwaway line by a staffer who knocks off some script, some product, some wordage for somebody political to make it sound like they give a damn.”
─ Host Chris Matthews on MSNBC’s Hardball, November 8, mocking politicians and others who express sympathy for victims of mass shootings, instead of demanding his preference, repeal of the Second Amendment.
- “[PBS, CNN and The New York Times are] established brands who have spent decades polishing and perfecting the art of objective, truthful journalism.”
─ CNN and PBS host Christiane Amanpour in July 30 USA Today article “Christiane Amanpour on threats to journalism: Pursuit of truth is ‘how we fight back.'”
Amanpour, herself, could be a poster girl for blatant liberal bias. Having her vouch for the objectivism of PBS, CNN and the NYT is like having Harvey Weinstein vouch for the fidelity of Bill Clinton.
- “Dumbass f***ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants”…
- “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins”…
- “#Cancel White People”…
- “Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men.”
- “@RepDanMode White people have stopped breeding. You’ll go extinct soon. This was my plan all along.”
─ 2014 tweets from former Verge.com tech writer and new New York Times editorial board writer Sarah Jeong.
The Times hired Jeong on August 1 and after an uproar over the tweets released a statement that while they don’t “condone” the tweets they would still keep Jeong citing her as “an important voice for the editorial board moving forward.” Is this the same New York Times that the aforementioned Amanpour cited as a paragon of “objective, truthful journalism?” Just imagine how long someone would keep a job at the Times spewing this kind of venom at blacks, Latinos or gays.
- “This whole administration ─ it’s like a Liam Neeson movie. These guys are terrorists right?…Until we recognize that we are operating with a white nationalist government that will take children hostage to get what they want, even if it’s just a tax cut, the Democrats and anyone else resisting doesn’t really know what they’re fighting.”
─ MSNBC contributor Jason Johnson on MSNBC’s AM Joy, June 17.
So, this is what passes for “joy” on MSNBC In the morning? No, the Trump administration and Republicans in Congress aren’t by any rational definition “terrorists.” Liam Neeson often plays a hero against actual terrorists, and there’s nothing wrong with white people or nationalism, as defined by the protection of US sovereignty.
- “Chick-fil-A’s arrival in New York City feels like an infiltration, in no small part because of its pervasive Christian traditionalism.”
─ April 13 tweet from The New Yorker’s official Twitter account promoting Dan Piepenbring article “Chick-fil-A’s Creepy Infiltration of New York City.”
The political culture of The New Yorker, NYC and its socialist mayor Bill de Blasio couldn’t get any creepier. A little dose of Christian traditionalism would be an improvement.
- “Is it a boy or a girl? For some parents, it doesn’t matter. Many are doing away with the gender stereotypes by keeping the sex of their children a secret. They’re raising ‘theybies,’ a new trend where you let your child decide their sex.”
─ NBC4 Washington anchor and fill-in host Aaron Gilchrist on MSNBC Live, July 21.
“Many” parents are doing this? Or is it “some” parents? Or is it many of some parents? More likely it’s an infinitesimal percentage of parents which hardly amounts to a “trend.” The use of ambiguous weasel words in this story is intentionally manipulative. All because two-tenths of one percent of the population is gender confused or prefers another. Biologically, if your newborn has XX sex chromosomes it’s a girl; XY and it’s a boy. Paint the bedroom pink for the former and baby blue for the latter. Don’t plant confusion in the kid from infancy. If “they” want to change later on, that’s “their” business.
- “Happy Birthday Karl Marx. You Were Right!”
─ Headline to April 30 New York Times article.
What can I say? This one speaks volumes for itself.
Longtime KOA radio talk host and columnist for the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News Mike Rosen now writes for CompleteColorado.com.
Our unofficial motto at Complete Colorado is “Always free, never fake, ” but annoyingly enough, our reporters, columnists and staff all want to be paid in actual US dollars rather than our preferred currency of pats on the back and a muttered kind word. Fact is that there’s an entire staff working every day to bring you the most timely and relevant political news (updated twice daily) from around the state on Complete’s main page aggregator, as well as top-notch original reporting and commentary on Page Two.
CLICK HERE TO LADLE A LITTLE GRAVY ON THE CREW AT COMPLETE COLORADO. You’ll be giving to the Independence Institute, the not-for-profit publisher of Complete Colorado, which makes your donation tax deductible. But rest assured that your giving will go specifically to the Complete Colorado news operation. Thanks for being a Complete Colorado reader, keep coming back.