(Editor’s note: This is one of a series of guest columns by supporters of the various Colorado Republican hopefuls, making the case for their candidate for U.S. Senate in the 2022 November election. The case for Joe O’Dea is here, for Gino Campana is here, for Deborah Flora is here, and for Eli Bremer is here.)
In order to protect our citizens’ life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, our founders did something unique in history when they wrote and ratified our Constitution. Our federal government’s powers, in the words of James Madison, are “few and defined.” Just to ensure no one missed the point, they included the Tenth Amendment in the Bill of Rights: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States, respectively, or to the people.”
In other words, when it comes to the federal government, less is more. No other nation has such a concept enshrined in its basic law. Their governments are unlimited and undefined; they can do whatever the lawmakers judge expedient. The opposite of our Constitutional restraints can be found in Marxist/Leninist or totalitarian governments which universally do whatever the ruling class determines will ensure its power and survival, of which we have daily proof. Indeed, the People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the antitheses of our constitutional government. No one knows this better than our candidate for U.S. Senate, Greg Moore.
Greg Moore, Professor of Global Studies and Politics at Colorado Christian University, lived for many years in the PRC experiencing life under an undefined and unlimited government that can do whatever it wishes, whenever it wishes, to whomever it wishes in the name of the Chinese Communist Party, which oversees a Marxist/Leninist/Maoist system in which the individual serves the government and is subservient to the rulers. That experience has galvanized Greg’s passion for restoring our government to its original form, one that serves to protect each individual’s life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in large measure by being a defined and limited government.
To that end, Greg is a passionate advocate of:
– A strong national defense, like Reagan, because there are always bullies in the neighborhood
– Strength in the face of Chinese/Russian/Iranian/N. Korean intransigence
– Pro-life rights, to protect the weak at the beginning and end of life
– Second Amendment rights, to better protect us from violent crime
– Fiscal responsibility, to protect our children’s and their children’s future
– The family, the basic unit of civilization without which we cannot survive
– Religious freedom, our most fundamental right without which our other natural rights perish
– School choice/parental rights, to return our schools to centers of learning, not leftist indoctrination
– Small/limited government, to protect our people from centralized, overbearing, government overreach
– Free market/capitalism, anti-socialism, to enable each person to reach his or her potential
– Both business and worker rights, because we need both to thrive
– Election integrity, without which there is no common trust or community
– Secure borders/pro-wall, without which there is no nation or national security
– Environment-friendly policies for real people, not utopian, crippling, big government schemes
– “Big Tent” approach to conservative politics in Colorado to turn Colorado red once again
Greg Moore, unique amongst GOP U.S. Senate candidates, knows from experience what it is to live under unlimited, undefined, and totalitarian government. He knows from years of academic research and teaching how far we have drifted from the limited federal government our Constitution requires. We now live in a country where the current president issues dozens of executive orders that delve into the deepest recesses of our private lives, attempts to run the economy from the Oval Office, makes foreign policy without regard to the senate, appoints judges who treat the Constitution as infinitely malleable to conform to their personal whims, and knows no limit to using federal authority to push a most un-American, leftist, neo-Marxist, all-pervasive, unlimited federal government upon us.
We need a strong principled senator who will reinvigorate the constitutional role of the senate to provide constraints on the executive branch and its administrative state, to require the executive coordinate foreign policy with the senate, provide a brake on out-of-control federal judges and insist that the federal authorities and lawmakers return to a defined and limited federal government as required by our Constitution. Greg Moore will do it all!
Moore for Colorado!
David Schroeder lives in Evergreen and is a volunteer on the Greg Moore for U.S. Senate campaign.
Our unofficial motto at Complete Colorado is “Always free, never fake, ” but annoyingly enough, our reporters, columnists and staff all want to be paid in actual US dollars rather than our preferred currency of pats on the back and a muttered kind word. Fact is that there’s an entire staff working every day to bring you the most timely and relevant political news (updated twice daily) from around the state on Complete’s main page aggregator, as well as top-notch original reporting and commentary on Page Two.
CLICK HERE TO LADLE A LITTLE GRAVY ON THE CREW AT COMPLETE COLORADO. You’ll be giving to the Independence Institute, the not-for-profit publisher of Complete Colorado, which makes your donation tax deductible. But rest assured that your giving will go specifically to the Complete Colorado news operation. Thanks for being a Complete Colorado reader, keep coming back.